I’m baaaaack. I’ve been in the Big Apple working a teensy bit, gallivanting, and lollygagging. Mostly gallivanting. I’m working on a post of substance… but in the interim here a few fun tidbits for you.
- Last night my buddy Doug emailed me a great article on designers who blog. And look, there’s little ole me sandwiched between Nick Olsen and Vincent Wolf. Humbled. Grateful. Muchas gracias.
- Do you know how fantastic my sister is? Well if you don’t… let me tell you, she is FANTASTIC! She had this brilliant idea to hand sketch designs and screen print them on super soft vintage weight childrens tee shirts. Honey Bee Tees . Cutest things you ever did see! Go buy a shirt!
- Thanks to Meg I discovered a new blog last week… as a result I lost a few hours, but gained much inspiration. James Farmer is a good ole Southern boy. An Auburn graduate (Landscape Design + Art History) and he now has a landscape and interiors business and a BLOG. A phenomenal blog. All Things Farmer. So well written it makes me want to give up on my own! And the recipes, my goodness at the recipes. They make me hungry.
- A month or so ago my friend Erin Gates @ Elements of Style included me in her Product Junkies series. You can check it out HERE. Just this weekend while I was in NYC I sat across the table from my friend Marla and said “why does your hair look so good today!?”… her reply: “Because I helped myself to that Paul Mitchell Quick Slip I found in your bag!” Hilarious. She introduced me to the mascara and I introduced her to the Quick Slip. Our hair couldn’t be more different, hers is curly, mine is straight. It just works people. Trust me. Tames the hair. Whether straight or curly. We also both LOVE Bumble & Bumble Surf Spray. Surf Spray + Quick Slip = True Love
- La Dolce Vita. I’m sure you read. It’s gooood. Paloma is a blogging machine. How she does it, I do not know. But she does it well. And she included me in her Style Files series not too long ago. Thanks for having me Paloma!!
- A little while back Jamie of iSuwannee opened an online store… and yes, it’s good. FURBISH. Go shopping!
- And let me close this on a serious note. October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month. I flew Delta to and from NYC, and instead of the normal red and navy their flight attendants and pilots wear, this month they are sporting PINK. Pink and Navy. It’s preppy and cute and an awesome way to bring awareness to the fight to find a cure! Mrs. Blandings does her part every October 1st and invites her friends to join her in posting pink, I’m always tardy for the party… but better late than never!